Classifications for Theft Crimes in Arizona
In Arizona, there are different classifications for misdemeanor and felony theft and theft-related offenses and each carries with it different punishments and penalties. These various theft crimes include:
- Petty theft – the theft of money or property valued at less than $1,000
- Grand theft – the theft of property or services with a valued of $1,000 or more
- Robbery – theft committed using force or threatening the use of force
- Armed Robbery – a robbery committed with the use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument or the threatened use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument
- Aggravated Robbery – a robbery aided by one or more accomplices.
- Burglary – theft involving the unlawful entrance into another person’s property.
- Embezzlement – theft of property that a person had access to, but not legal ownership of, for personal gain.
- Forgery – altering a written instrument or knowingly possessing a forged instrument
- Receipt of stolen property – knowingly accepting stolen property.
- Identity theft – theft of another person’s personal information, including name, address, social security number, or credit card information.
If you have been accused of a theft crime, it is imperative that you contact a Phoenix criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. Being arrested on a theft charge can be devastating. The criminal defense attorneys with the Lerner and Rowe Law Group have extensive experience handling all types of theft-related offenses, and know how to prepare a defense that may lead to getting your charges dismissed or reduced, or in a verdict of not guilty at trial. Our criminal attorneys will utilize their skill and experience to aggressively defend against your charges.
White Collar Crimes Attorney
“White collar” crime generally refers to financial crimes that are committed by professionals working in business or government. Think “Ponzi Scheme” or mortgage fraud. White collar crimes are complex in nature, and also require combing through thousands of pages of documents to uncover the facts of the alleged theft. For this reason, it is common for various experts to be involved such as forensic accountants, tax professionals, financial professionals, document examiners, and investigators.
Types of White Collar Crimes:
- Fraudulent Schemes
- Mortgage Fraud
- Medicare or Medicaid Fraud
- Illegally Conducting an Enterprise
- Money Laundering
- Bank, Mail, and Wire Fraud
- Bad Checks
- Conspiracy to commit a theft offense
- Ponzi Schemes
Often individuals involved in white collar crime know they are under investigation prior to charges. If you are under investigation for a white collar crime, you should immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney. Early intervention can result in charges not being filed or, also, a favorable outcome in the event you are charged.
Contact a Phoenix Theft Crimes Attorney Today
The Phoenix criminal attorneys with the Lerner and Rowe Law Group can help defend you against allegations or charges of theft in the state of Arizona. You can trust us to handle every aspect of your case, including investigating your case prior to the filing of charges through litigating your case to trial. Charged with a theft crime or white collar crime? Contact a skilled criminal defense attorney with the Lerner and Rowe Law Group. Our experienced criminal defense lawyers can explain your options and also, advise you on how to proceed. So, contact us today at (602) 667-7777 to schedule your free consultation.